Trainer and Assesor - High Voltage & Power System Operations Trainer and Assessor
Derek is an experienced Power System Operator with a demonstrated history of working in the electricity utilities industry.
Drawing on a lifetime career with network owner, ElectraNet SA, and its predecessors, he is a skilled control room operator with a deep knowledge of Transmission/Distribution system real time monitoring and voltage control, high voltage switching, high voltage distribution /transmission and system fault finding, protection and control circuitry.
Derek draws on significant transmission and operations experience to carry out consulting, technical course preparation, training delivery, assessment and verification of competencies across power systems/control rooms, high voltage switching and Electrical Safety.
- A Class Electrical Fitter (HV specialist)
- Electrician Special Class (HV protection systems)
- Power Grid Operator
- High Voltage Switcher
- ElectraNet Cat1 Switching licence
- ElectraNet Cat2 Switching licence
- Specialist in SCADA alarm configuration
- Specialist in SCADA operator interface design