Manager - Electrical Networks
Peter draws on decades of experience with Essential Energy NSW, and its predecessors, to provide training and advisory services in high voltage switching training, electrical network control and safe work practices.
Peter has over 25 years' in the electrical distribution network industry and working with other energy providers and external stakeholders.
His roles at Essential Energy NSW included Corporate Safety Specialist and Switching Trainer and Assessor. He has established a track record of workplace safety improvements and delivery of switching training for Network Operators and Field Operators.
He has a broad knowledge base across the electrical distribution industry, construction, and other energy providers. His consulting work with HV network owners and HV customers includes:
- Development of network management and maintenance systems;
- Writing and reviewing electrical safety rules;
- Establishing and implementing system switching processes and protocols.
Other skills and experience include:
- Sound experience in conducting professional incident lead investigation and reporting utilising the Incident Cause Analysis Method (ICAMS);
- Disaster emergency response Network control and safety advice provider;
- Training and authorisation of Network Operators (System Controllers) in network management and switching instruction writing.
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Quality Auditing
- Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment
- Investigate WHS Incidents (ICAMS)
- Electrical Trade Certificate.
- High Voltage Field Test Principals
- Network Operator - Network Control and switching instruction writing
- Field Operator, Substation, HV and LV Overhead and Underground Switching
- Transgrid - Authorise Essential Energy Staff in Transgrid Switching Process
- HV cable jointing - Paperlead and XLPE
- Substation Maintenance and Testing
- Schematic and Wiring Designs
- UEPOPS349 - Operate Local H.V. switchgear
- UEPOPS301 - Conduct Single Energy Source Isolation Procedures for Permit to Work
- UEPOPS402 - Conduct Multiple Energy Source Isolation Procedures for procedures for a Permit to Work
- UEPOPS456 - Perform switching to a switching program