Procedures and Process Support
Our HV Professionals have extensive experience across Renewable and Thermal Generation, Substations, Transmission, Distribution and Rail networks and the Oil and Gas, Mining, and Manufacturing sectors. They have been recruited by Thomson Bridge for the depth of their knowledge, their ability to communicate, and their demonstrated safety leadership.
High Voltage Safe Access and Operating Procedures
Safe Access systems ensure that site employees and contractors can access HV apparatus in a safe and effective manner.
We prepare (and audit) High Voltage Safe Access Procedures and associated Switching Instructions for high voltage plant across power stations, utilities, mines and for HV Customers.
Procedures are prepared to be consistent with:
- State Acts, Regulations and Codes of Practice
- State Connection Guidelines for High Voltage Connections and Embedded Generators
- Company operational procedures, including Lock Out Tag Out procedures
- Company installed equipment and manufacturers manuals
- Industry best practice
HV Process and Operations support
Our Subject Matter Experts have held key roles in networks, for the performance of critical processes. Thomson Bridge can provide short term coverage of roles, as needed support and training and mentoring of people into these roles.
Examples of roles include:
- HV Operating Authority
- Access coordinators
- Maintenance planners
- Control room operators
- Switching Instruction writers
- Contract and project managers